From older carpet styles to new carpet styles, we explore the history of floor coverings through the years!
At Windows, Floors & Decor, we know that great carpet should get the care it deserves. Carpeting experts around the world know that well-maintained carpet will remain beautiful for 10-15 years. Proper, regular carpet cleaning helps carpet look great and improves the quality of your indoor air. Regular cleaning also protects your carpeting investment – preventing your carpet from having to be replaced before the end of its lifetime.
Although some may think that carpet care is a frequent and laborious effort, you may be surprised to find that cleaning your carpet the proper way is easier than you’d ever expect. Here are five carpet cleaning hacks that will help extend the life of your carpet:
1. Vacuum your carpet once a week, paying close attention to the high traffic areas.
2. Clean spots and spills quickly with colorfast products that do not damage or discolor your carpet.
3. Look for the CRI (Carpet and Rug Institute) Seal of Approval on cans of carpet cleaner.
4. Have your carpet cleaned by a professional carpet cleaning company every 12 to 18 months.
5. Remember that wet or treated carpet is a danger for re-soiling. Tread lightly.
In a high-traffic area at the home or office, it is certain that spills and spots will affect the look and luster of your carpet. From the carpet’s perspective, chocolate, mustard, tomato sauce, coffee, dark fruit juices and permanent marker are some of the worst offenders. The good news is that most spots and spills aren’t permanent. If you act quickly, most store-bought cleaning solutions can help dilute or blot up stains and keep your carpet looking free from unsightly discoloration.
In the end, carpet cleaning is just like regular maintenance for your automobile. If you practice great carpet care, you’re sure to see great results.