White tile is a unique and somewhat bold – if your entire kitchen is white – choice many homeowners find appealing. In the kitchen, it creates a specific yet versatile kind of aesthetic, serving either as a neutral foundation for decor or an all-white clean, and crisp look.
For Kansas City homeowners, kitchen design is no small feat, because let’s face it, we — and our hungry families — spend a lot of time there. Anytime you’re working on a home design project; it’s important to do your research. Of course, we are always happy to help make that process easier on you.
White Tile in KC Kitchens
If you’re considering white tile for your KC kitchen design project, we’ve compiled a list of pros and cons for you to consider before taking that final jump.
Reasons to Love it
- It’s versatile: You can have cabinets and appliances in any color you want.
- It’s fresh: White tile gives a very clean, modern look and while it’s been popular in the past, it’s not overdone, like other trends.
- It’s timeless: White tile — if done correctly — rarely goes out of style. As a neutral foundation, it’s easy to rearrange the surrounding design and decor as the trends change, along with your tastes.
Reasons to Leave it
- It doesn’t hide dirt as well: Tile is one of the best options for flooring if you have kids or pets, but when it comes to white, there’s always a chance it will get dirty. The good news is, it’s not permanent—you can always clean it!
- It might spark some new DIY projects: Too much white will wash the kitchen out completely, especially if there isn’t a lot of natural light coming in; so if your cabinets are lighter colored, you may have to paint or replace them. This creates a little extra work, sure but it’s also a great excuse to start a new DIY project.
- It has a ‘cooler’ aesthetic: White tile looks clean and fresh, but it doesn’t have that warm and cozy look that hardwood, laminate, or warmer toned tile does. With the right decor and color scheme, you can still use white tiles and get that heartwarming, cozy kitchen design — with a fresh, modern touch.
The best thing you can do if you’re still unsure is to keep doing research. Look at pictures of different kitchen designs with white tile and try to imagine those same designs in your space. Take the time to analyze what you like and dislike about each element of the styles that stand out to you.
Ultimately, white is pretty versatile and easy to work with, but the best option for you and your home might not be what is best for someone else. Trust your instincts and do what feels right to you, but never be afraid to reach out and ask for help.
If you’re in the Kansas City area and think white tile may be the key to designing your dream kitchen, one of our design experts would be happy to consult with you and discuss your options. Click below to contact us today!